IPL 2019, Qualifier 2: Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Capitals – Statistical Highlights
On Friday (10th May) night, Chennai Super Kings (CSK) beat Delhi Capitals (DC) in the Qualifier 2 of IPL 2019 at Dr Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium (Visakhapatnam). With this victory, CSK has qualified for the Final of IPL 2019 where they will face Mumbai Indians (MI) at Hyderabad (Deccan) on this Sunday (12th May) night. Here we are with some statistical highlights of this match.
After CSK decided to bowl first, they restricted DC to just 147/9 (20 overs). In reply, CSK chased down that target in 19 overs after losing four wickets. CSK won this match by six wickets (with six balls remaining).
Brief Scores: DC – 147/9 in 20 overs (Rishabh Pant 38, Colin Munro 27; Dwayne Bravo 2/19)
CSK – 151/4 in 19 overs (Shane Watson 50, Faf du Plessis 50; Trent Boult 1/20)
Result – CSK won by six wickets
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) It was the 100th IPL victory for CSK.
- CSK is the second team to win 100 IPL matches. Mumbai Indians (MI) was the first team to achieve this feat as they have won 106 IPL games till the date.
ii) CSK has reached their eighth IPL final.
- No other teams have reached more than five IPL finals yet. Mumbai Indians (MI) is in the second position in the most IPL finals list as they will play their fifth IPL finals this season.
i) It was Shreyas Iyer’s 24th IPL match as a captain for the Delhi franchise.
- Shreyas Iyer is the second most-capped IPL captain for the Delhi franchise. While he surpassed Zaheer Khan (23 IPL matches) during this match, he is now just behind of Virender Sehwag who led the Delhi franchise in 52 IPL matches.
i) Off-spinner Harbhajan Singh has picked up 150 IPL wickets by the end of this match.
- Harbhajan Singh is the fourth bowler to take 150 or more IPL wickets. The first three bowlers to achieve this feat are Lasith Malinga (169 wickets), Amit Mishra (157 wickets) and Piyush Chawla (150 wickets).
i) Left-arm spinner Ravindra Jadeja has taken 108 IPL wickets.
- Ravindra Jadeja is now the leading wicket-taker in IPL history as a left-arm bowler. The former left-arm pacer Ashish Nehra is now in the second position with 106 IPL wickets.
i) CSK leg-spinner Imran Tahir has claimed 24 wickets in IPL 2019.
- Imran Tahir is now the joint most wicket-taking spinner in an IPL season. Earlier, Sunil Narine (24 wickets for Kolkata Knight Riders in IPL 2012) and Harbhajan Singh (24 wickets for Mumbai Indians in IPL 2013) achieved this feat for once.
i) New Zealand left-arm pacer Trent Boult has picked up 23 IPL wickets for the Delhi franchise.
- It is the most IPL wickets for a left-arm overseas bowler for the Delhi franchise. During this match, Trent Boult surpassed another former left-arm overseas pacer Dirk Nannes (22 IPL wickets for this side).
i) Australian right-handed opening batsman Shane Watson has hit 51 IPL sixes for CSK.
- Shane Watson is the second overseas cricketer to hit 50 or more IPL sixes for CSK. Caribbean cricketer Dwayne Smith was the first overseas cricketer to achieve this feat as he hit 50 IPL sixes for this side.
- Shane Watson is the fifth overall cricketer to hit 50 or more IPL sixes for CSK. The first four CSK cricketers were MS Dhoni (179 sixes), Suresh Raina (171 sixes), Murali Vijay (68 sixes) and Dwayne Smith (50 sixes).
Mali Women Again Manage The Bizarre T20I Records
New international team, Mali Women’s national cricket team’s horrible runs remain to continue in their second international game on Wednesday…
2015 World Cup Semifinal was Less Emotional than IPL 2019 Final: Quinton De Kock
The South African wicketkeeper-batsman, Quinton de Kock has termed the IPL 2019 final as emotional than the 2015 World Cup…