IPL 2019, Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings – Stats Preview
On Sunday (12th May) night, Mumbai Indians (MI) and Chennai Super Kings (CSK) will face each other in the final of IPL 2019 at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium (Uppal, Hyderabad). The winner of this match will win the IPL 2019 crown.
Both teams have won the record three IPL trophies till the date. It means that one of these two teams will create a new record on Sunday night by winning the IPL trophy for the fourth time.
Before this match, MI and CSK have already met thrice in this IPL season. MI won all those matches of this season.
Ahead of the Final of IPL 2019, let’s look at some vital stats preview of the match.
Teams’ forms in IPL 2019
Recent results (in last five matches)
MI (oldest to latest) – Won, Lost, Won (in Super Over), Won and Won
CSK (oldest to latest) – Lost, Won, Lost, Lost and Won
|Top run-scorer||Quinton de Kock (500 wickets)||MS Dhoni (414 runs)|
|Top wicket-taker||Jasprit Bumrah (17 wickets)||Imran Tahir (24 wickets)|
Teams’ performances in finals (including IPL and Champions League T20)
|Total||1st bat||1st bowl||Total||1st bat||1st bowl|
Head-to-head records between MI and CSK
|Stats||Matches||MI won||CSK won||Tied/No Result|
|At Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium (Hyderabad)||–||–||–||–|
|In the last 10 matches||10||7||3||0/0|
|In IPL 2019||3||3||0||0/0|
- MI has won all their last four meetings against CSK. Last time, CSK beat MI on 7th April 2018 at Mumbai (by one wicket).
Important stats between MI and CSK
|Stats||MI (vs CSK)||CSK (vs MI)|
|Highest total||202/7 (20 overs) at Chennai on 23rd April 2008 & 202/5 at Kolkata on 24th May 2015||208/5 (20 overs) at Chennai on 23rd April 2008|
|Lowest completed total||139/5 (20 overs) at Mumbai on 5th May 2013||79 (15.2 overs) at Mumbai on 5th May 2013|
|Largest victory (by runs)||60 runs at Mumbai on 5th May 2013||48 runs at Delhi on 21st May 2013|
|Largest victory (by wickets)||9 wickets at Mumbai on 14th May 2008||7 wickets for thrice|
|Stats||MI (vs CSK)||CSK (vs MI)|
|Highest individual score||114* by Sanath Jayasuriya at Mumbai on 14th May 2008||86* by Michael Hussey at Delhi on 21st May 2013|
|Best bowling figures||5/18 by Harbhajan Singh at Mumbai on 22nd April 2011||4/14 by Mohit Sharma at Dubai (DSC) on 25th April 2014|
|Most runs scored||631 runs by Rohit Sharma||722 runs by Suresh Raina|
|Most wickets||36 wickets by Lasith Malinga||27 wickets by Dwayne Bravo|
Other important stats
- Rohit Sharma (3,986 runs) is 14 runs away to complete his 4,000 T20 runs for MI. He will be the first MI batsman to score 4,000 or more T20 runs.
- Suryakumar Yadav (968 runs) needs to score 32 more runs to complete his 1,000 T20 runs for MI. The right-handed batsman will be the seventh MI batsman to score 1,000 T20 runs.
- South African wicketkeeper-batsman Quinton de Kock (500 runs) is 41 runs away to become the leading run-scorer as an overseas batsman for MI in an IPL season. While he has scored 500 runs in this IPL season (IPL 2019), only Sri Lankan cricketer Sanath Jayasuriya (514 runs in IPL 2008) and West Indian batsmen Lendl Simmons (540 runs in IPL 2015) are ahead of him.
- Quinton de Kock (1,427 runs) needs to score 73 more runs to complete his 1,500 IPL runs.
- South African leg-spinner Imran Tahir (24 wickets) is one wicket away to become the most wicket-taker as a spinner in IPL history. Currently, Tahir is the joint most wicket-takers list along with Sunil Narine (24 wickets for Kolkata Knight Riders in IPL 2012) and Harbhajan Singh (24 wickets for Mumbai Indians in IPL 2013).
- South African cricketer Faf du Plessis (49 sixes) is one six away to complete his 50 IPL sixes for CSK. He will be the third overseas batsman and sixth overall batsman to hit 50 or more IPL sixes for CSK.
- Caribbean pacer Dwayne Bravo (147 wickets) is three wickets away to become the second overseas bowler and fifth overall bowler to take 150 IPL wickets.
- Middle-order batsman Dwayne Bravo (1,468 runs) needs to score 32 more runs to complete his 1,500 IPL runs.
- Right-handed batsman Dwayne Bravo (912 runs) is 88 runs away to complete his 1,000 IPL runs for CSK. He will be the fourth overseas batsman and eighth overall batsman to score 1,000 IPL runs for this franchise.
- MS Dhoni (4,430 runs) is 70 runs away to complete his 4,500 IPL runs. The right-handed wicketkeeper-batsman will be the sixth batsman to score 4,500 or more IPL runs.
- Left-handed middle-order batsman Ravindra Jadeja (1,922 runs) needs to score 78 more runs to complete his 2,000 IPL runs.
Mitchell Starc Calls For A Pink-Ball Test Match During Upcoming India Tour Of Australia
The 30-year-old Australian left-arm pacer Mitchell Starc, who doesn’t love the pink-ball Test very much, has defended the pink-ball Test and wanted to experience it when India tours Australia in the upcoming summer. While the novel COVID-19 or coronavirus is dominating the world, the cricket…
Mohammad Hafeez: Brain Lara Also Admitted That He Had Difficulty Batting Against Me
The 39-year-old Pakistan all-rounder Mohammad Hafeez has recently claimed that the left-handed batsmen have always faced difficulty to face his off-spin, including the legendary Caribbean batsman Brian Lara. Mohammad Hafeez is serving for the Pakistan national cricket team for a long time after making his…