WWE NXT aired with the second episode of their revamped version where the NXT Champion Tommaso Ciampa was seen in action in the main event. The Cruiserweight Title changed hands as Diamond Mine’s Roderick Strong captured the belt. Also, Mandy Rose spoke up with her faction members as they’ll be going after the tag titles. Check out the results from the show that took place at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida.
–NXT 2.0 kicked off with Tommaso Ciampa celebrating his WWE NXT Championship win from last week. Ciampa addressed the new faces on NXT, claiming that NXT 2.0 will become the A Show. Cameron Grimes, LA Knight, Pete Dunne, and Ridge Holland then came out as they wanted a shot at the NXT Title. Dunne claimed that everyone was afraid of throwing the first punch, so Ciampa punched him in the face to cause a brawl.
– Roderick Strong defeated Kushida (c) to become the new WWE NXT Cruiserweight Champion. Bivens from Diamond Mine distracted the referee as The Creed Brother attacked Kushida. Nile leaped off the steel steps to drop Kushida at ringside. Strong then finished off Kushida with a backbreaker to pick up the pinfall win. After the match, Grayson Waller came out and issued a challenge for the Cruiserweight Title for next week. Malcolm Bivens accepted the challenge on behalf of the new champion.
– In a short match, former WWE NXT UK Women’s Champion Kay Lee Ray defeated Amari Miller in a singles contest with her Gory Bomb finisher.
– Dante Chen defeated Trey Baxter in the next match. As they traded pin attempts, Chen dropped Baxter with a modified Wing Clipper and held it for the pin to win.
– Cameron Grimes defeated Joe Gacy in a singles contest. Grimes blocked a powerbomb but Gacy nailed a pump kick. Grimes came right back with the Cave-In finisher for the pin to win.
WWE NXT Results (21/09/21): Legado del Fantasma and Hit Row brawled
– Elektra Lopez (alongside Legado Del Fantasma members Santos Escobar, Raul Mendoza and Joaquin Wilde) defeated Anna Scheer. Lopez caught her and dropped her with a tilt-a-whirl slam and then a suplex. She held it and went right into a sitdown powerbomb for the pinfall win. After the match, Santos Escobar showered Elektra with praise as Elektra called out B Fab. Hit Row faction members came out as Elektra and B Fab started to fight as the officials tried to break things.
– WWE NXT Breakout Tournament participant Odyssey Jones defeated Darren Ciapetta and Cary Millman in a 1 on 2 Handicap Match with a second rope splash. After the match, Andre Chase tried to hit Odyssey with a Steel Chair, but Jones grabbed the chair and broke it.
– Toxic Attraction – Mandy Rose, Gigi Dolin, and Jacy Jayne came out as Mandy said NXT 2.0 needed her to save the division. When her face was badly hurt the fans didn’t do anything. She then promised to take Gigi Dolin and Jacey Jane to the top as they will be coming after WWE NXT Women’s Tag Team Titles.
– WWE NXT Champion Tommaso Ciampa and Bron Breakker to defeat the team of Pete Dunne and Ridge Holland in the main event match. Kyle O’Reilly attacked Holland when the referee wasn’t watching, seeking his revenge for an earlier attack. Ciampa dropped Dunne with the Willow’s Bell while Breakker pressed Holland high in the air and slammed him for the pin to win. The winners posed in the corner to send the show off-air.