On Wednesday (14th October) night, Delhi Capitals (DC) claimed their sixth victory in this IPL season after beating Rajasthan Royals (RR) at Dubai International Cricket Stadium (Dubai).
After winning the toss, Delhi Capitals captain Shreyas Iyer decided to bat first. While Delhi franchise scored 161/7 (20 overs) in the first innings, they restricted Rajasthan Royals to 148/8 (20 overs).
Also Read: IPL 2020 – Latest Points Table
Brief Scores: DC – 161/7 in 20 overs (Shikhar Dhawan 57, Shreyas Iyer 53; Jofra Archer 3/19)
RR – 148/8 in 20 overs (Ben Stokes 41, Robin Uthappa 32; Anrich Nortje 2/33)
The Result – DC won by 13 runs
IPL 2020, Match 30: Delhi Capitals vs Rajasthan Royals (DC vs RR) – Statistical Highlights
Delhi Capitals (DC) – 5th consecutive victory against Rajasthan franchise
i) It was the fifth successive victory for Delhi Capitals against Rajasthan Royals.
- It is the first time when Delhi Capitals have won five consecutive matches against a team.
Rajasthan Royals (RR) – 5th consecutive defeat against Delhi franchise
i) It was Rajasthan Royals’ fifth consecutive defeat against Delhi franchise.
- Before this defeat, only Chennai Super Kings (CSK) once managed to hand Rajasthan Royals five consecutive defeats. Actually, from IPL 2010 to IPL 2013, CSK recorded six consecutive victories against Rajasthan franchise.
Delhi Capitals (DC)
Prithvi Shaw – lost the wicket on the first ball of the match
i) Opening batsman Prithvi Shaw scored a golden duck as he was bowled on the very first ball of the match.
- It was the fourth time when an opening batsman from Delhi franchise was dismissed on the first ball of a match.
- It was the seventh time when an opening batsman from Delhi franchise was dismissed on the first ball of a T20 innings.
- It was the second time when Delhi Capitals’ opener Prithvi Shaw was dismissed on the first ball of a T20 innings. After Unmukt Chand, Shaw became the second opener from Delhi franchise to be dismissed on the first ball of a T20 innings for more than once as Chand also achieved this forgettable feat for this team for twice.
i) Another opener Shikhar Dhawan registered his 39th time 50+ scores in IPL career.
- It was the joint third most number of 50+ scores for a batsman in IPL history.
Top six batsmen with the most number of 50+ scores in IPL career
|Player||Number of 50+ scores in IPL career|
|AB de Villiers||39|
Also Read: IPL 2020 – Most Run-Scorers (Orange Cap)
Kagiso Rabada – continued his unstoppable wicket-taking run in IPL career
i) South African pacer Kagiso Rabada finished the match with the bowling figures of 4-0-28-1.
- Stretching the record of most consecutive IPL innings with at least one wicket, it was the 22nd consecutive IPL matches for Rabada to finish with at least one wicket.
Also Read: IPL 2020 – Most Wicket Takers (Purple Cap)
Rajasthan Royals (RR)
Jofra Archer – one of the best bowling performances for this team against Delhi franchise
i) Barbados-born English pacer Jofra Archer had the bowling figures of 4-0-19-3.
- It was the third-best bowling figures for Rajasthan Royals against Delhi franchise. The top two records in this list are 3-0-10-3 by Shane Watson (at Mumbai on 30th May 2008) and 4-0-17-3 by Munaf Patel (at Mumbai on 30th May 2008).
Shreyas Gopal – most T20 wicket-taker as an Indian spinner for this team
i) Leg-spinner Shreyas Gopal has taken 36 T20 wickets for Rajasthan Royals.
- Surpassing Pravin Tambe (35 T20 wickets), Shreyas Gopal became the second most wicket-taker as a spinner for Rajasthan Royals. Only the former Australian leg-spinner Shane Warne is now ahead of Gopal in this list with 58 T20 wickets for this team.