The day 4 of the second test between India and Australia turned out to be the concluding one. Australian bowling dominated over the Indian batsmen and in the end it was a comfortable victory for the hosts. There has been quite a number of mentionable performances throughout the day which resulted in such an end to the test. Here is the list of the Hits and Flops of the day.
HITS of the Day
- Shikhar Dhawan(India): Apparently, Dhawan was the lone warrior for India today. He played really well but did not get any sort of support from the opposite end. After Pujara’s dismissal, wickets fell in at regular intervals but he stayed firm. He also played some glorious strokes. He managed to score a total of 81 runs with 8 boundaries.
- Mitchell Johnson(Australia): The speedster of Australia played his part today and bowled incredibly well. He managed to grab 4 of the Indian wickets and bowled with a great line and length. He didn’t give away any room to the Indian batsmen and his bouncers were quite much of unplayable type. He bowled 17.3 overs and took 4 wickets.
- Chris Rogers (Australia): With a target of 128 runs to chase, the Australians did not take things lightly and there was a good half century being scored by the Aussie opener, Chris Rogers. He played his part and scored 55 runs off 57 deliveries with 10 fours.
- Josh Hazlewood (Australia): The debutant player bowled brilliantly today. He kept a strict line and length and made things tough for the Indian batsmen. He bowled 16 overs today and clinched 2 wickets by giving away 74 runs.
FLOPS of the Day
- Virat Kohli (India): It was not the day meant for the most dependable Indian batsman. He was dismissed for a single run today. A good performance from him was hugely required but he turned out to be pretty much of disappointing.
- MS Dhoni (India): He was another of the Indian batsmen who was dismissed for a duck today. A strong partnership was required from his end but he did not manage to come up with expectations. He failed to score big in the first innings and today also he failed to score a single run.
- Ajinkya Rahane (India): He managed to stay at the crease for a span of 8 deliveries after which he was dismissed by Johnson. It was relatively a poor innings from him and he scored only 10 runs which included 2 boundaries.
- Rohit Sharma (India): Rohit Sharma’s inclusion in the team has been criticized. Also, he failed to perform today. He was dismissed for a duck today. He was dismissed by Johnson and he went into the pavilion after facing just two deliveries.