England won the toss and decided to field first. They managed to get Dhawan early but a resistance stopped wickets fall. Before Lunch, Vijay was sent back but Kohli attack ensured to India safe before Lunch break.
After Lunch, Anderson & Broad kept striking as India fell to 6 down for 131 at Tea interval, but India, at last, found a good partnership as duo of Ajinkya Rahane and Bhuvneshwar Kumar put on 90 runs for seventh wicket. Rahane also scored a brilliant 103.
We bring you top tats of Day 1:
4) Stuart Broad became the eighth England bowler to complete 250 wickets in Tests — his tally being 251 (ave.30.43) in 71 Tests.
5) James Anderson, with Shikhar Dhawan’s wicket, became highest wicket taker in Test matches in England.
6) Anderson, who has 233 wickets in Test matches in England, at an average of 27.06, went past Fred Trueman, who had 229 wickets.
7) Anderson also became the highest wicket-taker in Tests at Lord’s with 72 wickets at an average of 24.51 in 16 Tests. He went past Ian Botham, who has 69 wickets in 15 Tests.
9) with 25 runs to his name Virat Kohli has recorded his highest score in Tests in England.
10) Rahane and Bhuvneshwar Kumar were involved in a stand of 90 for the eighth wicket — India’s highest partnership at Lord’s — India’s third highest stand for this wicket in England.