The stage is set for the Asian giants to clash at the ever resplendent Eden Gardens in Kolkata. The upcoming India-Pakistan game might have been gloomed by political issues off late, but once the teams get on the field, it will just be unadulterated and exhilarating action. Contrary to millions of expectations, it is safe to assume that no team goes into the game with the tag of “favorites”.
After India’s shocking loss to New Zealand at Nagpur, the game becomes literally a must-win for the hosts. The Indians cannot afford another slip up, and to ensure that, their top 3 would have to get going from the word go. India’s fate depends upon the form of Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma. The strip at Eden Gardens will surely help the Indian batsmen to and that will amplify the threat possessed by Kohli and Sharma. Sharma has traditionally loved batting at the Eden Gardens, and Pakistan better need to be wary of his class.
For Pakistan though, their start has been like a dream. They lost to Bangladesh in the Asia Cup to be knocked out, but extracted their revenge a few days ago after they thrashed the Bangladeshis. But the best news for Pakistan is that the evergreen Shahid Afridi is back in form, and when he is in form, all he needs is a few balls to change the outcome of a match.
The spotlight is on the India-Pakistan clash and it is being termed as the game to watch out for. Both the teams would want to win at all costs and all in all, it promises to be a mouth watering affair. Below, is the statistical preview for the game.
Here are the Stats:
- 4-0. On a head to head basis in the ICC World T20, India lead by 4-0.
- 7. The number of international games won by Pakistan at the Eden Gardens.
- 3.5. Pakistan’s love affair with the Eden Gardens is clear with a Win: Loss Ratio of 3.5 across all forms of international cricket.
- 157. 157 has been the highest team total between the teams in the ICC World T20. India scored 157-5 in the final of the 2007 World T20.
- 199. India’s Virat Kohli is the leading run-getter among both the teams.
- 151. Pakistan’s batting effort will depend greatly on Mohammad Hafeez, who has the most runs for a Pakistani batsman against India in T20I’s.
- 4. Out of the 7 T20I’s between India and Pakistan, the team chasing has now on 4 occasions.