In the latest ICC T20 rankings, by winning the T20 series against India, West Indies have reduced the margin to only a point. India started the series with 128 points. West Indies are now with 125 points and India is 126 points. Apart from this Sri Lanka, Australia , England and Pakistan have great chances to climb up the rankings. Sri Lanka will play Australia in a two-match T20 series while England will play England in the lone T20 match.
At present, Sri Lanka is at the 8th place.
Here we look at the team rankings:
- New Zealand-132 points
- India-126 points
- West Indies-125 points
- South Africa-119 points
- England- 116 points
- Australia-110 points
- Pakistan- 104 points
- Sri Lanka- 96 points
- Afghanistan- 78 points
- Bangladesh- 74 points
In the ICC batsmen rankings, Virat Kohli maintains his number 1 rank. In the list of top ten batsmen, 2 are from New Zealand, 2 from England, 1 each from West Indies, Zimbabwe and Afghanistan.
Here we look at the top 10 batsmen rankings.
- Virat Kohli(India)- 820 points
- Aaron Finch(Australia)-803 points
- Martin Guptill(New Zealand)- 754 points
- Faf Du Plessis(South Africa)- 741 points
- Joe Root(England)- 735 points
- Kane Willamson(New Zealand)- 719 points
- Alex Hales(England)- 699 points
- Mohammad Shehzad(Afghanistan)- 674 points
- Chris Gayle(West Indies)- 668 points
- Hamilton Masakadza(Zimbabwe)- 657 points
Finally in the ICC T20 rankings for bowler Ashwin have made a return into the top 5. Ashwin has climbed to number 4th in the rankings. Ashwin was number 7th and has climbed to number 4th . While Bumrah has slipped down to number 3. The top position is occupied by West Indies bowler Badree, while Imran Tahir occupies the number 2 spot. While Sunil Narine has dropped to number 7th in the ranking due to his poor performance.
Here we look at the bowlers rankings:
- Samuel Badree( West Indies)- 743 points
- Imran Tahir(South Africa)- 740 points
- J Bumrah(India)- 735 points
- R Ashwin(India)- 684 points
- Shahid Afridi(Pakistan)- 674 points
- Kyle Abbott(South Africa)-671 points
- Sunil Narine(West Indies)-668 points
- Adam Milne(New Zealand)- 655 points
- James Faulkner(Australia)- 641 points
- Mohammad Nabi(Afghanistan)- 638 points