Bowling in Cricket is considered to be an important aspect of the game and throughout the history of international cricket we have witnessed several destructive bowlers who used to pick up wickets at a regular basis. Also, some bowlers were used to pick up bundles of wickets right from the start of their careers. Here in this very article, we are to sum up the list of players who were fastest to 5 five wicket hauls in One Day International Cricket.
Here goes the list:
- Waqar Younis, 26 ODIs: The former Pakistani pacer was a devastating fast bowler with his intense pace and swinging abilities. He reached to 5 five wicket hauls in a matter of 26 ODIs which is simply sensational by all means. He is considered to be one of the best right arm pacers the world has ever seen.
- Mitchell Starc, 35 ODIs: The left arm Australian pacer took his fifth 5 wicket haul in the game against New Zealand yesterday where he went on to pick six wickets. His Yorkers were kind of unplayable yesterday and he even made the total of 152 runs competitive to an extent. This young fast bowler is surely one of the brightest prospects for Australian Cricket.
- Lance Klusener, 56 ODIs: The former right arm medium pacer of South Africa was a star bowler for them and he had a variety of deliveries in his stock. He was adjudged as the player of the tournament in the World Cup of 1999. His brilliant all round performance in that World Cup made South Africa qualify for the Semi Finals in that World Cup.
- Lasith Malinga, 96 ODIs: The speedster from Sri Lanka makes his name into the list. He has been quite much of deadly with his sheer pace and his unplayable Yorkers which cramp the batsmen. He reached this feat of grabbing 5 five wicket hauls after playing 96 ODIs.
- Saqlain Mushtaq, 100 ODIs: The former leg spinner of Pakistan was perhaps the best spinner of Pakistan and he was also one of the leading wicket takers for them. He took a total of 100 international ODIs to reach to 5 five wicket hauls.