Test Cricket is more of a patience game and here the real class of a batsman is tested. However, since the evolution of the T20 cricket, batsmen are much more adapted to shorter versions of the game and they tend to get slowly adapted to the longer versions of the game. And thus, Test Cricket is also being played aggressively by some of the batsmen and they have been pretty much of successful in it. Boundaries are being hit at regular intervals. So, in this article we are to lay our focus on the most number of sixes that are being hit in test cricket. Here goes the list.
- Adam Gilchrist – 100 Sixes: The former Australian Wicket keeper batsman tops the list with 100 test sixes. He came in to bat lower down the middle order in tests and were known to play great cameo knocks for the team. He was an aggressive batsman and played test in the similar manner too.
- Christopher Henry Gayle – 98 Sixes: When there comes the matter of sixes, it is hard to keep this Jamaican out of the topic. He has been a clean hitter of the ball and has been quite aggressive as well. We all know what he is capable of. Recently, this man is going through an off-form.
- Jacques Kallis – 97 Sixes: The South African all-rounder has also been quite much of aggressive at times and dispatched the ball for sixes. He has been quite an aggressive batsman at times and also defended according to the team’s needs.
- Brendon McCullum – 92 Sixes: This man has been in flying form throughout this year and scored bulk of runs. He smashed the fastest century by a kiwi today when he scored his century off 74 deliveries. He missed his double ton by a span of 5 runs. He hit 11 sixes in his innings today and thus he is reaching high in quick time.
- Virender Sehwag – 91 Sixes: Another attacking opening batsman, Virender Sehwag has been one of the deadly opening batsmen in the history of the test cricket. He has been pretty much of aggressive in his approach and did manage to hit the ball out of the park for a huge number of times. Recently, he is not in his prime touch and thus as a result of which, he is out of the Indian team for quite sometime now.