Yesterday at Kolkata the Sri Lankan team crushed the Afghanistan side riding on brilliant innings from Dilshan and slopping fielding from Afghani fielders. It seemed like that the fields has applied oil on their hands and have come down to the field.
Batting first the Afghanistan team posted a good looking total of 145 on the board and were also bowling good for first 10 overs but sloppy fielding and Dilshan heroics sealed the match for Sri Lanka. The Afghanistan team who won their all the matches to qualify for top 10 stage, registered their first defeat of the tournament. This was a fairly good chance for this team to seal a victory here but now they have tough matches waiting for them in the upcoming days.
Dilshan’s innings was a sigh of relief for his captain as Dilshan who scored a duck in both the practise matches showed good character and only returned to the dressing room after hitting the match-winning boundary. Captain would be hoping for same innings from him in the upcoming matches.
Now let’s have a look at some of the stats from yesterday’s match-
1. Asghar Stanikzai (62) scored his highest score in T20I. His previous best was 55* against Scotland.
2. Samiullah Shenwari now has the highest strike rate (221.42) for his team in a world T20 match.
3. Mohammad Shahzad who has scored 150 runs in this tournament till now is just 22 runs away from breaking his own record of scoring most runs in a series. He still has 3 matches to break his own record.
4. With a duck in this match, Karim Sadiq now tops the list of most ducks in T20I for his team. He shares the first position with Nawroz Mangal.
5. With this half century now Dilshan has 13 half centuries in his account, most of his teams but ironically he has most ducks for his team too. And also, he is the highest run-scorer for his team with 1834 runs to his name.
6. The inning of 77* by Dilshan is highest for his team while chasing a target
7. And also with the exit of Hong Kong from an early stage now Dilshan is the oldest player in the tournament.