The 5-match test series between India and England starts from 9th July. The English soils have favoured bowlers and pacers in particular. It was seen that the team with greater bowling attacks managed to dominate the game and also in many occasions the bowlers brought victories for the team. In this article, we are to focus on top 5 bowlers from both India and England who could make a difference in the England India Series.
- Jimmy Anderson: He is a master of a swinger to the ball and it is known that during English summer, Anderson can make the ball walk and talk. This man is at flying form at the present moment and he also won the Man of the Series award in England’s last test series against Sri Lanka. He took 12 wickets in 2 matches and also had a mentionable contribution with the bat in the final test. He defended over 6 overs to save the game for England. Anderson will seriously be a cause of fear for India and he can destruct Indian batting single handed.
- Stuart Broad: This right arm fast bowler will surely be a key bowler for England. He and Anderson formed the base of the English bowling attack for quite a sometime now and will play a vital contribution in the series. This man is also well experienced too. He played 69 tests for his team till date and bagged 245 wickets with the best performance in an innings being 7 for 45. He is also quite handy with the bat too and is recognized as a lower middle-order batsman. He played incredibly well in India’s last tour here and bagged wickets and had huge contribution in defeating India, 4-0.
- Ravichandran Ashwin: He has been India’s prime spinner for quite sometime now. This off-spinner has also won India by his incredible performances in quite a few matches. But as a matter of concern, he did not able to perform well in India’s last test series against New Zealand in New Zealand. He played 19 tests for India so far and has been able to take 104 wickets. If he finds his form in English conditions, India will have a greater chance in the series.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar: This right arm pacer has impressed many with his ability to swing the ball. Infact, even Dale Steyn acknowledged about his swing bowling. This man had a fantastic IPL season where he was in the run for the purple cap. The conditions in England will definitely suit him and he can be quite effective for India. But he has to learn quickly as it is his first tour to England. But he does possess the potential to perform well.
- Mohammad Shami: This man has been India’s prime character for India’s pace attack for quite sometime now and India’s fate in the series will depend on this man’s performance. He has played 6 tests for India so far and has managed to bag 27 wickets so far. He leads the Indian attack and was also among wickets in New Zealand tour. But he did not have a good IPL season recently and it is hoped that he will regain his form in the England series.