India will take on Pakistan in WT20 2016 at Kolkata on Saturday night. The world cricket fans are eagerly waiting for this match. There are some records can be made or broken during this match.
Some of them are briefly described in the following.
Records that can be made in the match between India and Pakistan in WT20 2016:
- Maiden win for Pakistan against India in WT20: Pakistan has never beaten India in WT20. Before WT20 2016, India-Pakistan met 4 times in WT20 where Pakistan suffered defeat in all of those matches. So, if Pakistan beat India in this game then it will be their first victory against India in WT20.
On the other hand, Pakistan has managed only one win against India in 7 T20Is while they have suffered 6 defeats in T20I.
- Maiden win for India against Pakistan in limited-over cricket at Eden Gardens: India has never won against Pakistan in limited-overs format game at Eden Gardens, Kolkata. So like Pakistan, India will be also searching for their maiden win but that will be for just Eden Gardens. However, India did win a Test match against Pakistan at this venue, but never won a limited-over game at this venue. However, it will be the first T20I meeting between these two teams at Eden Gardens, India has lost all the ODI against Pakistan at this venue.
- Most runs-scorer for Pakistan in WT20: Pakistan all-rounder Shahid Afridi has a chance to become the most runs scorer for Pakistan in WT20. At present, Afridi (505 runs) is just 19 runs behind from Kamran Akmal (524 runs), the current leading Pakistani run-scorer in WT20. Kamran Akmal is currently not in the squad, so Afridi has a good chance to surpass him in this game. Shoaib Malik (465 runs) and Mohammad Hafeez (421 runs) is also chasing for that position.
- Highest wicket-taker in WT20: The second most T20I wicket-taker, Shahid Afridi (37 wickets) is just one wicket away from Lasith Malinga (38 wickets), who is currently the highest wicket-taker in WT20. Afridi needs only two wickets to become the most wicket-taker in WT20.
Also, Afridi is just 5 wickets away from becoming the first T20I bowler to pick up 100 wickets as he currently standing on 95 T20I wickets.
- Best Indian partnership in WT20: Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma (281 runs) have a chance to become the highest overall partnership for India in WT20. The duo is just 32 runs behind from Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir’s partnership (313 runs), which is currently the highest aggregate partnership in WT20.