Manchester United have completed the signing of Ander Herrera after activating his €36 million release clasue and the player has signed a four-year deal at Old Trafford worth around £2.4m-per-year, the deal is set to be announced later today. Ander Herrera is highly rated in Spain, the 24 year old made 33 appearances for Athletic Bilbao last season, scoring 5 goals and providing 5 assists.
Here are few facts about the Spanish star:
1) Ander Herrera made his name at Zaragoza B in Spain, he was only 19 as he helped his side survive in the first division.
2) Herrera signed for Athletic Bilbao in the summer of 2011. Marcelo Biesla was looking for a creative midfielder with great vision and composure on the ball and Herrera was a perfect fit for him.
3)Herrera is yet to make a senior appearance for Spain but has played for the U20, U21 and U23 sides.
4) Ander Herrera scored from his hand at the UEFA European Under-21 Championship in 2011 against England.
5) Athletic Bilbao failed to win the Copa Del Rey and the Europe League finals in the 2011/12 season after reaching the finals, Herrera was a key member of the side.
6) Ander Herrera had a release clause of €36 million in his contract at Athletic Bilbao.
7) Ander Herrera has already played at the Old Trafford pitch, when Bilbao beat United 3-2 in the Europa League in 2012.
8) Ander Herrera scored his debut goal for Athletic Bilbao against Red Bull Salzburg in a Europe League match.
9)David Moyes tried to sign him last summer, but couldn’t finish the deal before the deadline day.
10)Ander Herrera’s father was also a professional footballer and played for Zaragoza.