Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich will not sanction any money for January transfer market which means Jose Mourinho will have to continue the fight with players he accused “betrayed” him against Leicester in the latest league outing.

According to Daily Star, Russian tycoon Abramovich is not interested to splash out again in January transfer market, despite the last season’s champions going down to fourth bottom.

The Portuguese manager initially decided to step into the market for an in-form promising centre half like John Stones but Everton have again confirmed they will not sell Stones in January. Mourinho is also looking for a box-to-box midfielder and a striker who have high class finishing ability to challenge out of form Diego Costa.

Unfortunately the Blues boss will have to manage with the players who suffered their ninth League defeat against Leicester and 11th overall this term.

It is understood that, Abramovich doesn’t want to sack Mourinho yet, atleast in mid-season, with the Chelsea supporters’ passionate support for the Portuguese key to his survival.

Now a close source to the Russian insists, he might change his mind very quickly depending on the situation and also informed Mourinho that he would not be given the option to sign any player next month.

The Blues splashed out around £55m on the likes of Pedro, Baba Rahman and Asmir Bergovic in the last summer transfer window, along with flop striker Radamel Falcao coming in on loan on £200,000-per-week.

But most of the recent signings have failed to deliver with wingers Juan Cuadrado going on loan to Juventus and Mohamed Salah to Roma in the summer, whereas Felipe Luis was deported to his former club Atletico Madrid after only a season.

However, Loic Remy, who scored the only goal for Chelsea at Leicester, insisted the whole squad is still busting a gut for their troubled boss.

Remy said: “The manager makes his decision and picks 11 players. Whoever is playing tries to give their best and it’s the same for the substitutes.

“But at the moment it’s not enough and I don’t know why.”

Remy also claimed the players who were accused of betraying their manager are just as shell-shocked as their boss and have been transformed from a team hunting for back-to-back-titles to one praying for back-to-back wins.

“Nobody believes it because we were champions last year,” he further said.

“We need one or two wins to get our confidence back and I’m sure we will do that in the games coming.

“The situation is really tough but as a group we have enough quality to come back.

“It’s difficult to pick one or two players who were better than any others. All the team need to improve.

“We have to try to be more compact, not make any mistakes and score goals.” Remy looked quite determined to prove his manager wrong.

 

  • SHARE

    Related Posts

    Ranji Trophy 2017-18, Gautam Gambhir, Delhi, Vidarbha, Aditya Sarwate

    Ranji Trophy 2017/18: Delhi Thumps Madhya Pradesh; Vidarbha Crush Kerala in Quarter-final

    On the final day of the quarter-final round of the Ranji Trophy 2017-18, Delhi clinched the match by seven wickets against Madhya Pradesh after...

    Ronaldinho planning 2018 farewell tour

    Rio de Janeiro, Dec 11: Ronaldinho is planning a series of testimonial matches with his former clubs before officially announcing his retirement from football. The 37-year-old...

    Freiburg shock Cologne 4-3 in German Bundesliga

    Berlin, Dec 11: Last-placed Cologne squandered a three-goal advantage and lost 4-3 to Freiburg to complete the 15th round of Bundesliga action. Nils Petersen's hat-trick helped...

    Club Bolivar crowned Bolivian football champions

    La Paz, Dec 11: Club Bolivar won Bolivia's Clausura first division title with a 1-1 draw at Nacional Potosi. Marcos Riquelme, on Sunday, opened the scoring...

    Atletico Madrid knocks off Real Betis

    Seville (Spain), Dec 11: Atletico Madrid continued to put pressure on La Liga leader Barcelona with a 1-0 away win over Real Betis in the...