Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has suggested that the club are slowly losing their interest over Everton youngster John Stones. Last month it was reported that the Premier League champions were keen on signing the 20-year-old English center-back from Everton. They had also placed a £20 million bid for the player but it was immediately rejected.

A second and improved bid of £28 million was also submitted after a few days reportedly but the Toffees were not ready to release their youth prodigy. 

According to Goal.com’s recent reports, Jose Mourinho is apparently not happy with Everton’s attitude and is no more interested in signing the player. He was quoted: “The market sometimes has no rules,” he told reporters. We, as Chelsea, we make our own rules.

“To make our own rules is to evaluate the players, and to know the players’ value, and to know when we have to stop and turn to another side, and think in another option.”

The Portuguese manager is certainly not happy with Everton’s demands and he believes that the club can only push to certain extent for a particular player. If the price exceeds their planning they would leave the case and would never push ahead.

John Stones had an exceptional season with Everton last season. He was the standout performer for the club and also got his call from the national team manager Roy Hodgson. Many consider him to be the next big thing in English football. Chelsea considered him to be John Terry’s long term replacement. But that the price has increased a lot, the Blues might not pursue the move anymore.

  • SHARE

    Related Posts

    Rohit records third double-ton in ODIs

    Mohali, Dec 13: India skipper Rohit Sharma (208 not out), who piloted India to a mammoth 392 against Sri Lanka on Wednesday, became the first...

    British cyclist Chris Froome to cooperate with UCI after abnormal drug test

    Madrid, Dec 13: Britain's four-time Tour de France champion Chris Froome on Wednesday said he would provide any information required by the International Cycling Union,...

    WWE Smackdown Live full results: December 12th, 2017

    Last night marked the go-home edition of Smackdown Live for the Clash of Champions PPV, on this Sunday. Shinsuke Nakamura was back in action...

    WWE: What Happened Once Smackdown Went Off The Air: December 12, 2017

    Yesterday marked the last night before Smackdown Live comes up with the annual PPV event, Clash of Champions on this Sunday. It is going...

    WWE News: New Number One Contender’s Match Announced for Next Week’s Raw

    As reported earlier, Rich Swann got suspended from WWE for an indefinite span of time. He was involved in an altercation with his wife...