Fernando, a shock target for Liverpool
Fernando, a shock target for Liverpool

According to the latest report from The Sun, Liverpool have decided to make a surprising bid for Manchester City’s misfit midfielder Fernando this summer – but will only pay up to £10m for the Brazilian.

Liverpool are likely to remain very active in the summer window, as Jurgen Klopp will certainly look to mould his own team at Anfield.

supporters are interested to see an in-form goalkeeper to be signed along with a winger, but a defensive midfielder seems to be on Klopp’s top priority list, according to latest reports.

The report from Sun suggests the Reds hierarchy have seen Fernando closely this season and might step forward with a summer move to beat the Brazilian’s former club Porto to his signature.

The 28-year-old defensive midfielder arrived at City from Porto back in the summer of 2014, but since then has been generally used as a backup for Fernandinho and Yaya Toure in the heart of Manuel Pellegrini’s midfield.

Fernando – known as ‘The Octopus’ during his spell in Portugal – has played only 11 Premier League matches this term, and may be pondering to leave the Etihad ahead of Pep Guardiola’s arrival in search of regular first-team football elsewhere.

Klopp could take a chance on the midfielder giving him lifeline, but it’s said that Liverpool are ready to pay only £10m and no more for Fernando, and securing a deal would give them an effective defensive midfielder to protect the back four, offering much more competition for his compatriot Lucas Leiva as Fernando is desperate to prove his worth.

Liverpool’s new German boss has most certainly brought in a very positive impact at Liverpool since his arrival back in October. Despite the gradual improvements, it is quite clear that Klopp will need to bolster his squad in the summer in order to challenge for the Premier League title next season.

Klopp has been very proactive during the winter window and has already secured the services of Marko Grujic and Joel Matip while a host of names such as Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Yohan Cabaye, Ilkay Gundogan and Piotr Zielinski among others who all constantly been linked with a potential move to Anfield.

  • SHARE

    Related Posts

    English Premier League 2017/18: Round Up – Round 17

    Total no.of goals scored Round 17 = 21 Tuesday (12/12/2017) Barnes’ late strike provided a home victory for Burnley Burnley 1 (Ashley Barnes 89’) – Stoke...

    Messi has done lot of damage to me, Mourinho, Ramos: Xabi Alonso

    Madrid, Dec 14: Former Spanish midfielder Xabi Alonso recalled his time at Real Madrid and said Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi had caused a lot of...

    Ashes Test: Malan ton takes England to 305/4 on Day 1

    Perth, Dec 14: Dawid Malan's brilliant ton helped England score 305/4 in their first innings against Australia on the opening day of the Third Ashes...

    New Zealand’s Bracewell replaces Grandhomme in ODI squad against West Indies

    Wellington, Dec 14; New Zealand medium pacer Doug Bracewell replaced all-rounder Colin de Grandhomme for the three-match One-day International (ODI) series against West Indies starting...

    ISL: Dynamos defender Ralte likely to play against FC Goa

    New Delhi, Dec 14: Delhi Dynamos are likely to include left-back Sena Ralte in the squad for their forthcoming Indian Super League (ISL) season four...