India extends their run of wins to 11 against Pakistan in ICC Tournaments with a 6-wkt win at Eden Gardens earlier today. The match was played at a different pace with pitch supporting the spinners and the game ended up being a low-scoring affair.
In the wake of this historic win, we take a look at some interesting stats and facts from the historic clash-
1. Indian team extends their winning streak against Pakistan to 11 in world cup games. Indian team has won six 50-over contests whereas 5 T20I in the world cup.
2. Ahmad Shehzad became the fifth Pakistani cricketer to cross 1000 run mark in T20I.
3. Ahad Shehzad became the second youngest Pakistani cricketer to achieve this feat.
4. It was the first time in T20I that Mohammad Hafeez batted at no. 7.
5. This was the first time in 9 matches that Ashish Nehra failed to take a wicket in power play overs.
6. Virat Kohli has won maximum Man of the Matches (8) by an Indian in T20I.
7. Virat Kohli is yet to be dismissed in a T20 World Cup game against Pakistan.
8. That six from Yuvraj Singh yesterday was his first six against Pakistan in T20 world cup in 5 matches.
9. Only 4 players i.e. Dhoni, Yuvraj, Afridi and Malik has played in all contests between India and Pakistan in WT20
10. Vira Kohli has most half centuries (14) by an Indian in T20I. Brendon Mccullum and Chris Gayle tops the list with 15 half centuries in their account.