England v India: Stats Review Day 2 – MS Dhoni creates history, surpasses legendary Alan Knott
The first day pitch looked whole different thing when compared on the second day as England gained slight advantage before stumps on day 2. But still they are trail by 76 runs with 4 wickets in hand.
After a wicket towards the end of second session, Ballance and Ali built up the innings in the final session standing tall against the lights of the Indians who were bowling really well despite the track not offering any help to them. Balance drove the ball well and completed his second test ton and both been at the prestigious Lord’s stadium. Along with Ali, he put on a 98 run stand before Ali was sent back by par-timer Murali Vijay who trapped him in front of stumps. Soon with the new ball Bhuvi scalped his fourth wicket as Ballance departed after a fine knock. Prior and Night Watchman, Liam Plunkett managed to stay on wicket before stumps.
Check out statistical highlights of Day2:
2) Dhoni now has 56 dismissals in 18 Tests against England. This total is the highest in India-England Tests. Legendary Alan Knott had 54 dismissals to his name in 16 Tests against India.
3) Young batsman Gary Ballance became only the second England batsman after Joe Root to post two hundreds in Tests in 2014. His brilliant innings of 110 is his career-best innings in Tests, surpassing the 104* vs Sri Lanka at Lord’s earlier this year.
4) Ballance’s two hundreds at Lord’s are his only ones in Test Cricket. He enjoys a superb Test record of 407 runs in eight innings at an average of 58.14.
5) India have recorded 295 – their highest total in the first innings at Lord’s, bettering the 235 way back in 1952.
6) In Test matches at Lord’s, India had taken a first innings lead only once in 1936. After posting 147, they had dismissed England for 134.
7) Alastair Cook’s performance this year in Tests is mediocre – his worst ever in a calendar year, aggregating 107 in eight innings (ave.13.37).
8) Cook became the seventh fielder to take 100 catches or more for England in Test Cricket. The leading fielders for England in Tests are Andrew Strauss (121), Colin Cowdrey (120), Ian Botham (120), Wally Hammond (110), Graham Thorpe (105), Gooch (103) and Cook.
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||9||7||36|
|Dabang Delhi K.C.||7||5||29|
WWE News: The Bella Twins Talked About Their Future Plans Beyond Wrestling
Bella Twins have decided to step aside from the squared circle, for a long time, now. They have already become…
WWE News: Security Removes Fan Who Spat On Tag Team On Smackdown
Quite often we see antics from fans in attendance in WWE live shows that forces the officials present in the…