Happy Birthday Sachin Tendulkar: Forty Three records of Little Master to cherish
Batting legend Sachin Tendulkar celebrates his 43rd birthday on the 24th of April. The Indian legend is in New Delhi, as his mentored team, the Mumbai Indians locked horns with the Delhi Daredevils at the Feroz Shah Kotla in Delhi on the 23rd of April. The cricket great is expected to celebrate his 43rd birthday with family, and members of the Mumbai Indians set up. Tendulkar is known to hold low-key celebrations and none of his parties have ever hogged the limelight. This icon of the game surely believes in keeping things down to earth.
In India, people worship Tendulkar as a God and they have their fair share of reasons behind doing so. His contribution to the sport in India needs no words.
In this article, we have a look at the 43 records which the batting legend holds on his 42nd birthday.
- Most number of Test runs – 15,921
- Most number of ODI runs – 18,426
- Most number of Tests played – 200
- Most number of ODIs played – 463
- The first batsman to score a double hundred in One-Day Internationals. Also has 100 international tons to his name.
- Most ODI half centuries – 967. Most number of ODI tons – 49
- Most ODI half centuries – 96
- Most Test centuries – 51
- First Overseas cricketer to play for Yorkshire
- Most number of runs in World Cup history (2278) and a joint record of most World Cup appeared in with Javed Miandad ( 6 World Cups)
- The only batsman to have scored a century on Ranji Trophy, Irani Trophy, and Duleep Trophy debuts.
- Most number of World Cup centuries – 6
- Most 90s in Tests – 10 (Equal with Steve Waugh and Rahul Dravid)
- Most fifties in Tests – 68
- Most fours in Tests – More than 2,058
- Fastest to 10,000 runs in Tests (195 innings – equally held with Brian Lara and Kumar Sangakkara)
- Fastest to 14,000 runs in Tests – 279 innings
- Fastest to 15,000 runs in Tests – 300
- Most ODI runs in a calendar year – 1,894 in 1998
- Most runs in a single edition of World Cup – 673 in 2003
- Most ODI hundreds in a calendar year – 9 in 1998
- Most ODI hundreds against a team – 9 against Australia
- Most 90s in ODIs – 18
- The first man to score 10,000 ODI runs
- Fastest to 10,000 ODI runs – 259 innings
- Fastest to 11,000 ODI runs – 276
- Fastest to 12,000 ODI runs – 300
- Fastest to 13,000 ODI runs – 321
- Fastest to 14,000 ODI runs – 350
- Fastest to 15,000 ODI runs – 377
- The only batsman to score 15,000 ODI runs. Therefore, he is the first batsman to have 16,000, 17,000, and 18000 ODI runs.
- Highest partnership for India – 331 with Rahul Dravid against New Zealand. This was the world record for over 15 years, but was recently broken by Chris Gayle and Marlon Samuels.
- Best partnership by a pair in ODI’s – 8227 runs between Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly
- Highest partnership between openers – 6609 runs between Sourav Ganguly and Sachin Tendulkar
- Most hundred partnerships by a pair in ODIs – Tendulkar and Ganguly – 26
- Most hundred partnerships by a pair in Tests – Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid – 20
- Highest partnership for a pair in tests – 6920 runs between Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid
- Most consecutive ODI matches played – 185
- India’s youngest ODI captain at 23 years and 126 days (Vs Sri Lanka in 1996)
- Most Man-of-the-match awards won in ODIs – 62
- Most Man-of-the-series awards won in ODIs – 15
- Youngest Indian player to make ODI and Test debut
- Dismissed in the 90’s quite often in tests throughout his career – 10 times.
India Vs Australia 2019/20: Third ODI – India Easily Secure Series By Winning Seven Wickets In Bengaluru ODI
The hosts India won their first bilateral ODI series in the new year after winning the three-match home ODI series against Australia on Sunday (19th January). Fighting the series on 1-1, India won the last game of this series by seven wickets at Bengaluru. Australian…
Rohit Sharma Becomes Third Fastest to Complete 9000 ODI Runs
On Sunday, Team India’s opening batsman Rohit Sharma reached another great milestone during the Bengaluru ODI against Australia. The right-handed batsman has completed 9,000 ODI runs, and eventually became the third-fastest batsman to reach this milestone. Before this series decider game, the limited-overs vice-captain Rohit…