India faced England in the 2nd test of 5 test match series in England at the Lord’s, London. India batted first and put a good score of 290 runs which was a better score than the previous day 1 of the 1st Test, but they were not consistent and lost 9 wickets. Throughout the 1st innings England were in total control and picked up wickets at regular intervals. India was losing control and were on the verge of getting out at a low score, but the partnership of Rahane and Kumar took the control from England. It was a hill ride. To sum it up, here is the list of the Hits and Flops of the Match.
Hits of the Day
1. Ajinkya Rahane (India) – India didn’t start the match the way they should have done it. They looked terrible and were losing wickets at regular intervals. All hopes were lost. But then Rahane came to the rescue. He batted against the odds and scored a very much needed century for India and he also hit the only six of the match. Rahane stood there for long waiting for the perfect partnership to happen but things were not going well and Rahane was unable to make a good partnership. Finally it was Kumar who proved fruitful and together they scored 90 runs in partnership.
2. James Anderson (England) – James was the best bowler today and he picked 4 wickets. He was the reason that India was unable to get the upperhand. And he broke the very important partnership of Rahane and Kumar which prevented them from getting stronger and becoming a threat for England.
4. Bhuvneshwar Kumar (India) – He scored the 2nd highest runs of the day and most importantly kept the momentum going with Rahane and helped India obtain the upperhand. His 36 runs was of great help.
Flops of the Day
1. Murali Vijay (India) – We expected a good innings from the man who scored a super ton in the last match. But today he scored a mere 24 runs.
2. Shikhar Dhawan (India) – He has been struggling since day 1 of the 1st Test. And today too he was no good for India and scored only 7 runs.
3. MS Dhoni (India) – Dhoni scored the lowest of the 1st innings. He scored just a single run. We anticipated that he would be helpful and bring out India from the troubling situation but he was unable to do that.
4. Ravindra Jadeja (India) – Ravindra Jadeja too was unsuccessful today and scored only runs.
5. Stuart Binny (India) – Binny too was not much of help for India and scored only 9 runs.