5. 343/6: Scoring above 300 in fourth innings is not so easy. India managed to score 343 runs losing only 6 wickets in the match against England at Old Trafford, Manchester in 1990. In that fourth innings Tendulkar played a remarkable innings and scored 119 runs off 189 balls with 17 boundaries. That match was drawn.
4. 376: This score is considered as the highest fourth innings scores against England. This match was held at Old Trafford in 1959 season. England won the toss and elected to bat first. They scored 490 runs in the first innings and 265 runs in the second innings. India scored only 208 runs in first innings. Though they scored 376 runs, did not win the match. This score is standing at number 4th position.
3. 387/4: In 2008, the match was played at Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai. England won the toss elected to bat first. They set 316 runs for India. India scored 241 runs in 1st innings. In the second innings England managed to score only 311 runs. In the fourth innings India scored 387 runs which led them to win this match. This score is standing at number 3.
2. 397: This score was set in the 1st test of the series at Lord’s. England scored plenty in the first innings with 487 runs. India scored only 221 runs in the first innings. England scored 301 runs which was enough to win this match. India gave them a tough fight by scoring 397 runs with a remarkable innings of Ajit Agarkar, who scored a ton in the fourth Innings. This score is standing at number 2.
1. 429/8: The match was held at The Oval in 1979 against England in 4th test of the series. England won the toss and elected to bat first. They set 305 runs in the first innings. India scored only 202 in the second innings. England scored 334 runs in the 3rd innings. Sunil Gavaskar scored a double century in the fourth innings that led Indian innings to 429 runs. This the highest runs scored by India against England in fourth Innings. This score is standing at 1st position.