Pranav Dhanawade! This will be the name that will be discussed in houses over cups of tea, by kids seeking to play the game of cricket, and indeed, by millions of more people across the globe in the days to come. The 15 year old lad from Maharashtra has unearthed something that is just too improbable for the sane mind to believe! An innings of 1009* in an inter school game of cricket played at a decent level.
Reaching figures like these requires a lot of concentration even in video games, but the 15 year old sensation achieved it just too easily in the match against another school, Arya Gurukul School while batting for his school, KC Gandhi HS. It was actually too difficult to believe that a game of this level actually occurred in the real world scenario.
While batting in the first innings, the Arya Gurukul School was bowled out for a paltry 31 in the first innings. In response, due to the heroics of Pranav, KC Gandhi HS scored an eye popping 1465, which is a world record. In their second innings, the Arya Gurukul School could barely manage 52 and thereby lost the game by an innings and 1382 runs. An innings and 1382 runs! It might take a lot of time to completely believe that such a margin of victory ever existed on the globe!
The wonder kid Pranav created a few staggering records himself and has etched his name in the history books. Below, are some of the records created and broken by Pranav during his epic vigil.
1. 1009*. The highest individual score in any form of recorded cricket.
2. 1465. The highest team total in any form of cricket.
3. 129. The number of boundaries hit by Dhanawade, another world record.
4. 59. The world record number of sixes from the willow of Dhanawade.
5. 628. The second highest individual score in any form of recorded cricket. Dhanawade scored 61% more than that.