England’s skipper Alastair Cook played a seriously epic knock against Pakistan in the first test at Abu Dhabi. Cook’s vigil was finally ended on 263. But it wasn’t before he took his side to a position of solidity and utter dominance.
The Pakistani bowlers seemed completely clueless against the determination and will power of Alastair Cook. The most special part about this great innings from England’s inspiring skipper was that he just did not have to battle it out against the Pakistani bowlers, but also against the Gulf heat. Ironically, Cook was dismissed for 263 but on a no ball. The umpires however, did not correct this blunder, but not before Cook had his name etched in the record books.
In route to 263, Cook went on to create and break a lot of records. Below, are the statistical highlights from the epic knock played by Alastair Cook.
1. 7.74. The number of kilometers Alastair Cook ran during his knock.
2. 836. The number of minutes batted by Cook.
3. 263. The second highest score by an England batsman against Pakistan. It also is the highest score by an English batsman in Asia.
4. 3. Number of double centuries for Alastair Cook in test matches.
5. 62.57. Alastair Cook’s test average in Asia.
6. 2065. Number of runs scored by Cook in Asia. He now holds the record for most runs in Asia by a non Asian batsman.